Pokemon Sun and Moon

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#16 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

It didn't take anything out my day, but I'm getting really tired of hearing about the anniversary. We get it, Pokemon is 20 years old. Big deal. They're great games, yes! The announcement finally pushed me to even finish Alpha Sapphire today. But to keep pushing the 20th anniversary thing is just getting burdensome. 

How is it burdensome in any way, shape or form? Pretty sure a game publicly celebrating its 20th birthday isn't affecting you in any way.

#17 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

How is it burdensome in any way, shape or form? Pretty sure a game publicly celebrating its 20th birthday isn't affecting you in any way.

Because everything they show off is about that? They even dedicated an entire direct to it, when everyone thought it was solely going to be based on new info. So yes, it is annoying. And you don't need to have an attitude, either.

• Shane likes this

#18 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

Because everything they show off is about that? They even dedicated an entire direct to it, when everyone thought it was solely going to be based on new info. So yes, it is annoying. And you don't need to have an attitude, either.

You must be easily irritated. 

Anyways, Remember that split second where we saw the wire frame of a new Pokemon? Well, someone has drawn what it could potentially look like from the front. Looks like a cute little wood pecker ^w^

tumblr_o35v6sT8NW1tyhxbyo1_1280.png

• Jared likes this

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

If I'm honest, I haven't really been noticing Nintendo shoving the anniversary in our faces. If anything, I've felt like they've been shoving TPHD in our faces. :P

• Adem and Tree like this

#20 Golden Guardian

Golden Guardian

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:14 PM

It's definitely interesting that they skipped the 3rd "Directors Cut" type games that I've gotten used to since Gen 2 EDIT: Gen 1 actually. My first game was Yellow, how could I forget that? I'm not mad, just intrigued. As far as what I've actually been able to take away from the reveal: there wasn't much, but since release a theory has come up that this region will be based on Spain or Singapore. Not entirely unlike considering Kalos was based on something other than an area of Japan. I'm personally happy enough just to see the reveal as it was though, (maybe I just fell for the nostalgia bait) and can't wait to see what else gets revealed in the months to come. 

E3 for Nintendo this year should be good.

Edited by Golden Warrior, 27 February 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#21 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:36 AM

You must be easily irritated.

Anyways, Remember that split second where we saw the wire frame of a new Pokemon? Well, someone has drawn what it could potentially look like from the front. Looks like a cute little wood pecker ^w^
tumblr_o35v6sT8NW1tyhxbyo1_1280.png

The woodpecker would make a lot of sense if the speculation that the new region is based on Singapore is true. I've also heard Hawaii but either way a tropical setting with what appears a stronger urban touch than usual could be really interesting.

#22 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:12 AM

I remember I was rather disappointed with the region used in Black/White. If I remember right, the big deal about it was that it was supposed to be much more of an urban environment than the previous games. I was fully expecting the entire game to be a huge city. Instead of separate towns, we'd be visiting various districts and neighborhoods, each with a different type of setting. Maybe one "town" would be made up of the low-income housing area (The gym could be themed like a boxing club or something), while another "town" would be something similar to Times Square (A gym done up like a shopping mall or business). A third area would be based around Central Park (The "Gym" is an open-air setting only separated from everywhere else with those rope barriers used to guide lines of people), while yet another would be Coney Island. (An oversized tent where Gym battles are big spectacles with an audience and everything, like a circus) You know, something like that.

Instead, we got a single city with panoramic views as you walked around. I admit, it looked rather nice, but then the rest of the game felt like more of the same setting we'd gotten used to before.

• Golden Guardian likes this

#23 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

The worst thing about Black and White was how stupidly linear they were.  Unlike the first 2 gens that had branching paths, and thus a choice on what the player wants to do next, Black and White closed off half the circle before the League, meaning you literally went in a straight, zig-zaggy line with no deviations.  For a game series that touts exploration as one of its biggest draws, that's pretty shitty.

• The Satellite and Matthew like this

#24 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

I'm somewhat interested in the idea of a large city with different districts, but also not. For Pokemon, I want different environments, mostly wilderness, to play around in to find Pokemon, so a whole city would get boring after a while. 

• Adem and Jared like this

#25 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:13 PM

So I don't have any news about Sun/Moon, but rather more grim news, and I figured this is probably the most general thread to bring this up in.  Eric Medalle, the creative design director at TPC, was killed by a falling tree in a heavy windstorm just the other day.  He was out for a drive with his daughter, who thankfully survived this horrible event with only minor injuries.  Having been with the company since 2003, he did logos and other artwork for entries in the series such as Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black/White/2, X/Y, and more.  I don't really know what else to say other than that he was very talented at his craft, and that he was taken too soon at the young age of 42.

• Matthew likes this

#26 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

... O.O 

I can't believe he died. His logos were pretty damn amazing. Nature is a cruel mistress. Rest in peace.

#27 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:34 AM

I may give Pokemon Sun and Moon a try.  :3

Just have to wonder how much longer before the well starts to dry up on Pokemon ideas.....seems like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel now....an Ice Cream Cone, an actual Sword & Shield, a Chandelier.  xDDD

#28 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

And Gen 1 had a magnet on a ball bearing that evolves into 3 magnets on a ball bearing, and a pile of goop with googly eyes that evolves into a bigger pile of goop. Some of the oldest designs aren't that creative. And you watch yourself, Chandelure was one of the coolest things to come out of Gen 5.
  • SpacemanDan and Jared like this

#29 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:14 PM

They haven't even scratched the surface on the aumont of stuff they can make pokemon out of. They haven't made a dolphin pokemon yet for crying out loud.

Also, it's a ghost possessing a sword and shield and another possessing a chandelier. Possessed objects are very common in japanese folklore. Last, they made a freaking pokemon out of a pokeball in Gen 1, you can't get any lower than that.

#30 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

i thought voltorb was a cool idea. it's like animal camouflage patterns trying to blend in w/the environment, or like lantern fish using their antennae as a lure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users