• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

I know we did it one year, but it didn't really stick afterward.  I'm personally thinking it might not be a bad idea to try it again, although maybe using the word 'favorite' rather than 'best', just to make it a bit less loaded.  I'll probably talk to some of the other staff about it, but I'd also like to know what the community thinks on the matter.

• Jared and Deedee like this

#17 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:37 PM

You could definitely do that.  Ultimately, it's up to you how you want to present it.  I would still recommend that you have other information available, whether you just want to talk about quest development, if there's a story that's planned, and definitely screenshots. (or concept art, which I remember at least one person doing in the past)

I didn't think anyone remembered that! :P

#18 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:38 PM

Hey Scootaloo, in regards to your most recent post, could that also include before and after pictures? For instance, I plan to present the remake of my first ever quest and wanted to show screenshots comparing the original quest made back in 2009 to the new version I began working on this year, mostly to show how much better it looks as a whole. Would that count against the 10 screenshot limit if I did it that way?

#19 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

Hey Scootaloo, in regards to your most recent post, could that also include before and after pictures? For instance, I plan to present the remake of my first ever quest and wanted to show screenshots comparing the original quest made back in 2009 to the new version I began working on this year, mostly to show how much better it looks as a whole. Would that count against the 10 screenshot limit if I did it that way?

You could always just put two pictures together in paint, and save it as one. :)

#20 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

I planned to do it that way actually Jared, but I still want to know if that counts towards the 10 screenshot limit?

#21 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

They can only host 10 picture files. How the pictures actually are don't exactly matter much.

#22 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

As the OP said, there is a 10 post maximum that is hosted by PZC, and the rest must be hosted by the user

This part to be exact:

As usual, we will host up to 10 screenshots, as well as a demo at a maximum of 20mb.  Anything beyond that, though, must be hosted by the submitter.

... what does that actually mean? If someone submitted their.. submission (what else would it be called?) with screenshots and the images were uploaded to something like Imgur, and pasted into their submission, does that count against the 'hosted by PZC' limit or...?

Edited by Coolgamer012345, 30 July 2015 - 08:51 PM.

#23 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:29 PM

I don't know if I will be able to join this...Save The Let's Player's has not seen much progress since the last time a screenshot of the last overworld I finished went up because of too many distractions...

#24 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

I don't know if I will be able to join this...Save The Let's Player's has not seen much progress since the last time a screenshot of the last overworld I finished went up because of too many distractions...

You have enough made that you could just show some screenshots of what you have. You don't actually have to have a playable quest file. Just some basic info about the quest, the inspiration you had to make it and a few screenshots are all you need. I would say to go for it, Knuckles.

#25 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

So I have to work on both my expo and my 2 week entry?

*Engage Ultra Multitasking Mode*

#26 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

*Yet again, LinkFan shows up late to the party!*

YAH! EXPO TIME!!! YAH!

Haha, I'll definitely be submitting to this. Hopefully I won't be late this year though...Thing is with this deadline I should get what I want done. I am kind of reluctant on releasing a demo since I'm wanting to try to keep what's been going on behind these closed doors as secret as possible till the release of this quest. So we'll see what happens.

Can't wait! :D

#27 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

I might submit another demo of NTCC, the last one is really outdated.

#28 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

I think I'll enter this expo. You all can see how much my quest has improved since last year.

#29 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

I'm entering Heart of Darkness. BETA (as in, my other project called BETA), will be a maybe, but not much of a priority. Hey, I did start Heart of Darkness (AKA Shadows of Miadra) first!

#30 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:28 PM

Funny how I wanted to participate in this expo, but I didn't think it would take this long to make the tileset. That said, I can't enter as of now. But rest assured, at least the tileset is coming along amazingly. :)

• Shane, Eddy and Deedee like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users