Cold Season

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

I really hate January and February, because of the cold season. You always get sick in those two months every year. What I hate the most about it when your sick, is all the stuff in your nose and you can't even sleep well. This is gonna be a long month for us. I hate being sick -_-  

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

I can definitely relate. I'm feeling awful right now with my right ear being blocked after a few days of having a blocked nose. This is definitely one of my least favourite times of the year because of that.

#3 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

I can definitely relate. I'm feeling awful right now with my right ear being blocked after a few days of having a blocked nose. This is definitely one of my least favourite times of the year because of that.

I always hate my nose being blocked.

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

I am more likely to catch a cold in the fall than in the winter.  Usually around late September or early October.  Chicken soup is a wonderful thing during those times.  Also gargling salt water when the throat gives you enough trouble in the morning.  I need that voice right for what I do, otherwise my baritone goes down to a harder to comprehend bass.

#5 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

I also dislike the cold season; I can definitely relate. In fact, I'm pretty sick right now. I have a sore throat, a stuffy nose, lightheadedness, and a nauseating vertigo that makes it seem like everything is spinning. Yet, I still had to go to my college classes because some of them take off points if you aren't there and I had some quizzes in some classes. What a day. :(

#6 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

I also dislike the cold season; I can definitely relate. In fact, I'm pretty sick right now. I have a sore throat, a stuffy nose, lightheadedness, and a nauseating vertigo that makes it seem like everything is spinning. Yet, I still had to go to my college classes because some of them take off points if you aren't there and I had some quizzes in some classes. What a day. :(

Bummer dude :(

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

It's summer here and I would like to trade seasons. :P Seriously, I love winter since it's mostly rain here and rain's great. I do catch occasional colds however.

• Dark Ice Dragon and Item like this

#8 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

It's summer here and I would like to trade seasons. :P Seriously, I love winter since it's mostly rain here and rain's great. I do catch occasional colds however.

Is it because you live in Austraila, and it's hot almost every day?

(Lucky)

#9 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

I am more likely to catch a cold in the fall than in the winter.  Usually around late September or early October.  Chicken soup is a wonderful thing during those times.  Also gargling salt water when the throat gives you enough trouble in the morning.  I need that voice right for what I do, otherwise my baritone goes down to a harder to comprehend bass.

I agree. I don't get sick very often but, if I do, it's generally in the fall. Gargling salt water is an awesome trick to help your voice. Also hot water with lemon does the trick for me.

That being said, I'm still not really a fan of this time of year anyway. Despite living in New England for my whole life, I really don't handle it well!

#10 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

I agree. I don't get sick very often but, if I do, it's generally in the fall. Gargling salt water is an awesome trick to help your voice. Also hot water with lemon does the trick for me.

That being said, I'm still not really a fan of this time of year anyway. Despite living in New England for my whole life, I really don't handle it well!

Who knew salt water is basically the cure of the cold. 

#11 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

Who knew salt water is basically the cure of the cold. 

I wouldn't say it's so much the cure for a cold, but it's definitely helpful for a sore throat. Warm salt water helps break down the built up mucus and reduces swelling.

#12 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

I wouldn't say it's so much the cure for a cold, but it's definitely helpful for a sore throat. Warm salt water helps break down the built up mucus and reduces swelling.

Actually I got rid of my sore throat yesterday, the only thing I'm TRYING to get rid of, is my blocked nose. I can't sleep well with it.

#13 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:01 PM

I often get sick  even in July, so in terms of health for me is no so different, but at least now i sleep well, in summer is so hot and humid even at night...

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 25 January 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#14 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

I often get sick  even in July, so in terms of health for me is no so different, but at least now i sleep well, in summer is so hot and humid even at night...

I like the heat, but not that much heat. I'm around in the 75-83 degrees guy.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:17 PM

I don't get sick too often. I get affected by particular allergy seasons, but never so bad as they disrupt my sleep, I just usually have to blow it all out after I wake up. However, I did have a cold around Christmas (worst time to get one), and it was awful. I honestly dislike colds more than any other sickness because the congestion is just a major pain in my... nose. Like you said, makes it difficult to sleep, which is the worst because I love sleep. And all the nose-blowing... It's like you're mostly otherwise alright, but this single element of congestion is ruining your entire game. I hate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users