Photo

Sonic Forces

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#16 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

I dunno, why did Classic Tails and Robotnik have voices in Generations but not Sonic? Personally I would've preferred some consistency. Also Jaleel White voicing the blue dude with attitude would do wonders for pressing the nostalgia button of many Sonic fans.

#17 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

If I remember correctly, Sega actually did try to get Jaleel White to voice Classic Sonic in Generations. Something happened that made it so that didn't happen, so their next idea was something along the lines of "Sonic didn't talk in the Genesis games, so just don't have him talk in the new one."

As far as the other Classic characters talking, I just figured they needed some way to get the important exposition across.

#18 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

They should bring back Madonna http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Madonna

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Project Sonic 2017 is now Sonic Forces.

And it's got actual gameplay.

#20 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

NICE! I'm still gonna remain a bit cautious about this game, but at the very least, it seems very promising so far.

#21 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:37 AM

I just can't see Sonic as an "into-the-screen" kind of game. 3D sure, but side-scrolling please; at high speeds I much prefer objects I'm approaching to have a constant size (visually).

Edited by Cukeman, 18 March 2017 - 04:37 AM.

#22 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

I god a headache from looking this. Too much zooming in too less time.

• Cukeman likes this

#23 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

The gameplay is exactly as I expected and hoped it to be.

#24 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

No Boom Sonic represented in this game, thank God. However I'm not so confident in the fact that its director directed Lost World and was the designer of Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Colors. I know Colors was popular but I dislike all three of those games. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in the director role but I hope it doesn't turn out like any of those did.

Oh, and we'll see more at E3.

#25 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

Lost World, Secret Rings, Black Knight and Colors? That's a mixed bag. I guess this director likes trying out new things every time.

This game could easily go wrong in terms of story. Hoping for a balance between "edgy" and "goofy" if you know what I mean.

#26 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

I do like the ''Joins the Resistance''  
i still can't wait that the games comes. But wait how many Death Egg Robots Robotnik (or Eggman) can build like this ? t

#27 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Maybe he's still got some residual stuff left over from the Time Eater? He had leftovers from Perfect Chaos that he fiddled with all the way up to Sonic Heroes (used it on Metal Sonic, resulting in Metal's liquid powers and subsequent insanity), after all.

"I only have to build one, and wait an hour! Then, I go back and steal the one from five minutes ago. Then, I go back and steal the one from ten minutes ago. Then, I go back..."

#28 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

As with any new 3D Sonic it's objectively going to be shit I am being cautiously optimistic. Generations was a step in the right direction, and really, a good Sonic game. Probably the best 3D Sonic since SA2, but the Sonic community is worse than Zelda, and Metroid put together, so it really depends on who you ask. This basically looks like they are taking that "boost formula" mixed with side scrolling action again, and making original* levels. I just hope that the game is a little longer then 4 hours for 60$ without recycling the same levels as missions again, and again. I think it actually takes me longer to play through all the stages in Sonic 3 + Knuckles than it did to play through all the stages in Sonic Generations :P. Also, no dumb gimmicks please? No swords, no warehogs, no transformations in general, no need for a million playable characters, just make a solid Sonic game with fun, not broken levels.

* As original as you can get at this point within the Sonic universe, but hey, Mario does this too.

EDIT: And can we stop with Green Hill? We get it. It's classiczomgmahnostalgiazzzzzz. But come on. 

• Cukeman likes this

#29 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

... at least Sega knows their fanbase?

• Cukeman likes this

#30 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

I don't really know what to think of this. Kind of cool though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users