Scripted Chest / Trap Chest

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

hi i have a little question. It's possible to make the chests open when Link is closer at the chest and then the player press ''A'' bouton via a FFC script and put the chest everywhere with the same set up ? (Flag 10 to open it and ''Special Item'' room ?

Also i do want to make something news on the chest.
i do want to make a Traps Chest on somes rooms that there's ''too easy'' to reach them and when Link open it the bombs can explode on Link's face that he take 1/2 damages but it's possible thoses ffc scripts ? Also the Trap chest can be only destroy by the bombs like the Trap Doors from Oot but you know i'm nit sure if it's possible to make thoses scripts and put a exemple quest.

#2 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

I'm relatively certain you can do this without scripting through the use of damage combos, secret combos, and combo cycling.  Set up a combo with the chest graphic with an inherent bomb trigger flag (6), put a sword trigger flag (79) on top of it, set up another animated combo with an explosion, then have it cycle to an empty chest combo, set up secret combos on the bomb and sword pages to your animated exploding chest, make an animated damage combo (half a heart) that looks like the regular ground (must be animated, or it won't cycle, you could make it have explosions over it, too, if you want a bigger blast), like the chest, if you , and have that combo cycle to a normal ground combo (that doesn't have the damage combo type) set the damage combo on the secret combo page to the first slot where it says "flags 16-31", place flag 16 around the chest on all sides. I just tested it and it works (the only issue is that it will redo the exploding animation every time you enter the room. I know there's a workaround for that which will make it only animate the first time you open the chest, but I'm not sure exactly how it works).

EDIT: You could just set the "secrets are temporary" box under screen->screen data, then the chest will reset every time you leave the room, so it will only explode if someone's dumb enough to open the same trap chest more than once. Would even make sense from a story point of view, like the enemies in the room continuously re-arm the chest. Here's an example quest of it in action.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. There's already a script for opening chests with the A button, here. Shouldn't be too hard to rework it to do what I did above, but I've got a few other scripts I'm trying to work on, at the moment. I'll see if I can get to it later on today.

Edited by Binx, 22 April 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:02 AM

I have a chest ffc script in the database. Give that a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users