OoT-style Farore's Wind

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

Well, actually, it was the only way I could get it to work properly. If it's a custom item, it warps every time, so the warp point wouldn't get set and you'd just warp to the same room you're in, but if it's attached to Farore's wind, it warps you to the dungeon entrance, leaving a warp point behind, then you can warp back when you use it again. It was really weird, and I only tried it as a hunch, I was shocked when it worked, so I figured you had MEANT it to work that way.

Edited by Lineas, 22 August 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#32 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

What about an OoT remake?

It doesn't work QUITE as well for a faithful OoT remake, because it only works if it warps you back to the dungeon entrance (unlike FW in OoT, which you can set, then continue to later in the dungeon), but it should be serviceable

#33 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

Ok, Gravedigging time! So, it finally occurred to me after I made my ocarina songs that the reason this script wasn't working with a custom item may be this section:

freezeScreen();

//Let it finish
                    while(anim->isValid())
                        WaitNoAction();

//Animation done; set warp point
                    unfreezeScreen();

Because I didn't have any screen-freezing functions in my script files. So, I replaced the two functions with the versions I used for the Ocarina songs (which work perfectly) and now it's freezing the game. I made sure I used a clean quest file, so it's not that. Near as I can tell, the above portion of the script is still the culprit, because it doesn't brick ZC, it just freezes all action on screen then never unfreezes it (again, I know the screen-unfreezing function works, because I use it in another script), so it seems, based on the commented section in the code, that the animation is never finishing; which means the unfreeze function never takes effect. I'm guessing anim->IsValid() is another function that I don't have in the script, maybe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users