free server space free server ftp shell access space ssh

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

Does the server ever go down in early mornings for maintenance? I've been trying to connect at 6:50 AM for a while, and the same settings have worked before.

It shouldn't, no. What error do you get? Does it give you an authentication error, or something?

Do you get it at any other times?

What are you using to establish the FTP connection (Windows Explorer, or other software)?

Send me a note if you are awake, using Skype, and i will sort it for you, as I am able to FTP into it without problems, using multiple logins; so it may be a password problem, or it may be a client-end problem. If you're using Windows Explorer, sometimes the local IP tables can become corrupted, and you need to delete, and re-add the connection. That only seems to happens on Windows, and can affect any server.

I further tested the FTP server, from further external sources (over SSH connections), and was able to connect, so either there is a problem with you account (you may need a PW reset), or your local DNS tables are corrupted.

I checked the nameservers, and they are all working.

Please, to any member using this service: Report any connection errors, account problems, or other server problems to me in this thread, or by PM. I can also provide both a UK (country code +44), and a USA (country code +1) telephone numbers to users, for technical support, and for reporting any kind of error or outage; and you may also report problems to me on Skype.

Keep in mind that you may also request functions, and services, if you need them.

I only enable services on a host when users request them, so if you need SQL database, PhpMySQL, or a newer PHP version in order to run any kind of software--such as a resource database, or a database for cooperative programming--I can add them, but I won;t add, or upgrade packages unless requested, or unless there is a serious security reason; because doing so both requires a lot of time, and could cause PHP code (earlier versions) to break.

To users who need to learn how to make websites, I can provide tools, templates, etc., to aid you.

I tend to do all web design by hand, but I am versed in some useful tools, and encourage users to learn how to use these services, as this is a very useful skill in any profession.

I may even be willing to help you with site design--yes, I am a web designer, in addition to all else--if I have the time; or if the purpose of the website is a great benefit to the community.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 22 April 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#32 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for the help. I was somehow switched from SSL mode without using the right port. Didn't even notice it happen. It's all gravy now, thankyeh.

#33 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Notice: The server may be down intermittently, over the next ten to fourteen hours, for network maintenance.

#34 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hi

I am interested in this , so i ask if my username could be judasrising

#35 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'll add an account for you, when I'm done working on the other server, and disc array. I will probably need to add additional components, to keep it running cool. :/

If you need space immediately (an emergency need), et me know and I'll make your account a priority, but otherwise, unless you're ready to use it, it may be a day, or two, so that I can restore the array that's partly down, and do a full archive of everything.

I generally archive the user account disc image, in two places, before touching it in any way; and of course, archive it on weekends. This generally means archiving it to a local array, and a remote array; and at present, without my big array at 100%, backup integrity is somewhat lessened.

That doesn't mean that there is any reason for people with accounts to worry: I still have backups of your datum, but this does make creating backup sets more tedious.

#36 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:02 AM

Notice: As of 08:00 GMT,  the server will be off-line for a short while (~2 hours) for mirroring, and account maintenance.

I am adding your new accounts, and making a mirror of the filesystem, and the OS.

Update (11:19 GMT) : Mirrors complete; service restored. This took a bit longer than normal, due to a fault during the first mirror process.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 28 May 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#37 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

Notice [18th September, 10:00 GMT] : A switch is down, somewhere, and thus server access will be sporadic for the next 2-to-6 hours, while people work to solve, or reroute the error.

#38 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

[Update: 19:49 GMT]

Service restored. I also took the time to do an early PZC accounts backup before bringing it back on-line.

#39 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

I've been informed that local admin is moving hardware about--to a fully refridgerated server room-and that there may be short outages over the next few days: While it shouldn't be too bad, users may experience downtime, and part of the grid is down at present,and I'm waiting on an ETC for restoration.

We'll also be rearranging the RAID arrays, after backing up all files, and doing a new low-level format to mark any bad blocks/sectors (if any).

Those drives are top-notch enterprise WE R2 and R3 mechs, for the most part, plus some Apple UATA mechs in the (back-up) XGRID. We're also hoping to expand capacities in the spring.

My apologies, while this is ongoing. Proper service will be restored ASAP.

#40 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

Some of the rearrangement is complete. The rest should be finished in another week, or therearound. We just finished the IP tables update: My apologies for any interruption of service.

#41 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Status Update: DNS hardware error (from 30th Oct) corrected. Domains again resolve to the correct destination.

#42 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:00 AM

Just a status update: The system, is still up and running. All accounts are safe, still working, and routinely backed up (mirrored thrice), and never locked out. Your datum is still safe, and secure, despite occasional outages.

The server is getting old, and I'll probably migrate everyone to a better machine in the fall.

If anyone is having access problems of any sort, please inform me in this thread.

#43 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:01 AM

Is this still aviable i need some storage for zelda related stuff? , i really hate photobucket and sites like that.

I lost all info about this last time for the account from you Zoria during a harddrive crasch so i wonder if i can use 

this again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: free server space, free, server, ftp, shell, access, space, ssh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users