What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#4141 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:55 AM

Getting back into ZC after a few months. I went ahead and nearly finished the second basement to my sixth dungeon, the Mire Sanctuary.

Spoiler

• Eddy and Jared like this

#4142 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

Inplamented the option to choose between 3 different difficulties.

#4143 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

Aaaaand now I'm done with the dungeon. I went ahead and renamed it, due to the previous dungeon having a similar title, being Summit Sanctuary. I give you the final version of the Mire Sanctum.

Spoiler

I have to say, as neat as the lighting looks on the lower floors, it became a bit of a chore to do. At least the final product looks good.

• FireSeraphim, Shane, Eddy and 2 others like this

#4144 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

More tries of spriting hair. Managed to make one single tile that looks good - and that is actually good for my standards ;)
  • Jared likes this

#4145 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

I worked a bit on the next dungeon in my quest. I'm planning on giving the player the choice between two wings from the start, each giving one of the two dungeon items. Each wing will also benefit from having the item from the other wing. So far, I only have a few rooms, but I'm liking it so far.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, I also got a neat little script running that forces link to jump if he's on a tile with a specific flag. With a little bit of combo cycling and inherent flags, I got this neat little thing going on with these "Tower of Hera" barrier/crystal switch things. Credit to ZoriaRPG for the code.

5p7f3tl.gif

Edited by Phosphor, 21 June 2017 - 12:05 AM.

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 4 others like this

#4146 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

Looks cool phosphor, but will that even work? If these barriers turn solid it can hinder your movement in the air and if they don't turn solid you can just walk onto them from the sides.

#4147 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Looks cool phosphor, but will that even work? If these barriers turn solid it can hinder your movement in the air and if they don't turn solid you can just walk onto them from the sides.

Horizontal movement is not restricted inside the blocks, so you can still move out of it whenever.

#4148 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

Paving the way for this is now in progress.... stay tuned for further developments....

#4149 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Created a few playable character sprites... None are fully finished yet, but I'm hoping I can pull through. :)

• Eddy and Matthew like this

#4150 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:08 AM

I just finished filling out another dungeon.

My dungeon making is much more subconscious to the spirit of video game dreaming. The Video game dreaming technique can get very dark for me at times.. 

The various musical theme i choose and use and build around for each dungeon is to invoke a dungeons feelings` and spirit and that is why my dungeons ideas seem so complicated and surreal in design. The dungeons are designed to make you think deep about things and sometimes i find myself getting lost within them but it is training to expand the brain paths through solving them yet, charting out all the bugs and going back and forth to correct them is my consuming task alone..   

http://www.bing.com/...aps&FORM=IRIBIP

^Those who design dungeons or interested should look into the subconscious art of labyrinth designing for zelda dungeons and take a peek at this picture-graph web page for ideas and brilliance.

----

I am also designing something similar to a golden metallic blue glowing barred transport elevator portal devices very identical to the lifters Link comes down on when he enters the various mini dungeon trials as seen in breath of the wild - it is inspired by them also.  I may create them for others to use also in a simple set if they'd like. Portals and such.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 23 June 2017 - 12:19 AM.

• Jenny and Matthew like this

#4151 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

An update regarding an update:

zXTE59X.png

Defense crystals are now different from the health ones. We decided on blue due to blue usually representing defense. We also switched a few crystal placements around. That's just one of the few things this update will bring.

Also been working on a new project, using the character sprites I previously mentioned.

• Eddy, Jared, Matthew and 1 other like this

#4152 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:10 PM

I added Screen->TriggerSecret(int flag).

Now you may individually trigger screen secrets by script.

• Anthus, Jared, Naru and 1 other like this

#4153 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:59 PM

I finally finished the southern half of my overworld, which was entirely a remake of the overworld from my first quest. Here it is, plus the original classic version:

Spoiler

Original:
Spoiler

The feeling of satisfaction you get after finishing something this large is almost intoxicating.

Edited by Phosphor, 26 June 2017 - 12:00 AM.

• Shane, Eddy, Binx and 2 others like this

#4154 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:59 PM

Everything from the beginning to the end of Level 8 is just about done minus the cut scenes. There are a couple of blank screens that I'll just leave blank for now as I don't have any cool ideas for them yet. What this means for all of you people out there. I will be playing my quest all the way to the end of world 8 this week. When that is done, I will officially be looking for beta testers! Be prepared.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#4155 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:45 AM

I finally finished the southern half of my overworld, which was entirely a remake of the overworld from my first quest. Here it is, plus the original classic version:

Spoiler

Original:
Spoiler

The feeling of satisfaction you get after finishing something this large is almost intoxicating.

Very nice, great use of elevation.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users