• Please log in to reply
4950 replies to this topic

#31 LadyOfHearts

LadyOfHearts

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(SpacemanDan @ Mar 26 2011, 07:35 PM) View Post

You're planning to use big Link or did you adjust the size? I planned on a big Link, but I found it too much of a hassle. But if you've got it all figured out, power to you. :3

Got a few screens down for an overworld. The idea for this quest was actually sparked by my SotW entry. Yeah. One screen. icon_razz.gif But anyway, not much done, but I feel I should probably not make any more of the quest until I have some solid stuff on paper. I just wanted to make something.

Yeah, I'm gonna use Big Link, mainly because he looks a lot better for a darker atmosphere. It IS a hassle, but I'm determined to complete it...one day XD !

#32 Littlelink91

Littlelink91

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

Thats an awesome looking screenshot Midknight_King. Kudos! I really like it.

Edited by littlelink91, 26 March 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#33 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

I just completed a map of my first animal Crossing GC town (Which I still have icon_biggrin.gif)
Here it is!

I just might make a simple tileset, too!
Imagine how great an Animal Crossing tileset could be?
A shovel could be used as a boomerang, Axe as a sword, and an net....I don't know yet.
Pitfalls as bombs!

#34 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

Hmmm. About 7 Overworld screens completed, another dozen or so 'roughed-in'. Spent an hour hunting a terrible mistake, where I forgot to switch back to Layer 0 and ended up decorating about a third of the OW on Layer 2. Cried a little, then took meds.
Incorporated (finally) one of three towns to the map, with moving (and talking) NPCs! Started in on making some new hero tiles (my hero isn't going to be Link), but I scrapped 'em because they were just awful.
Also, got mad at my Shooting Gallery script and had to step away from it for a while. I can't get it to recognize more than 3 targets at a time! GRR!

#35 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

Beat the crap out of my Shooting Gallery script, getting it back to an 'Almost-working' state. Still can't get all four FFCs to detect when hit with an arrow. I'm using arrays for the data, and I think that might have something to do with it. At least they move the way I want them to now.
Revised the last of my roughed-in OW screens, putting a huge checkmark towards completion (unless something else springs to mind and I find myself editing again- stuff happens).
Got my bug collecting scripts to work better- they now actually count the number and type of bugs (3 types Mothula, Skulltula, and Tektitula; 3 colors Copper, Silver, and Gold) you collect on the subscreen. Unfortunately, I've messed up the Item Types somewhere, so Silver Mothulas and Copper Tektitulas currently count as Silver Tektitulas as well as what they actually are. The Beedle boys (cousins) Bagu and Error are even scripted to give rewards when certain milestones are passed... but I haven't placed all of the bugs yet, so I don't know if my script will fall flat on this front... sigh.

Began developing a simple bombchu game. If you have a bombchu, you can play for no cost- or you can pay the lady at the counter a small mint to get one. If you succeed, you are rewarded with a prize and a new door/hole in the wall leading to the next level of play. Deceptively simple, and almost no (extra) scripting required. I might have to bump up the number of bombchus you can carry, however (it is based on the number of bombs, which I've purposefully kept rather low).
Trying to figure out a good way to implement a ship's interior rocking in the waves. Using combo cycling: the floor moves up and down- by adding a few tics worth of conveyor tiles once in a while, Link is nudged to go up and down as well, and sliding towards the center as he goes; the illusion of being on a ship should really stand out. My early test screens made my wife seasick, however...

#36 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

I finally finished my Lake Hylia palette, and I really like how it turned out.

#37 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

Very nice Moo2wo! I like LH's colors.

#38 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

Thanks!

...Urgh, I just realized I forgot to credit Giggidy. Ther current palette is a mix between one of my palettes and his. So yeah, he was a big help.

#39 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:23 AM

IPB Image
Made this screen in one day. I credit MC (Fairy, leaves.), Linkus (Dungeon set.), Moo2wo (MC diagonal water.) and Giggidy (MC water.) for the tiles used in this screen was kinda inspired by Sephiroth.

EDIT: Also please ignore the shallow water-- I haven't gotten around that yet.

Edited by Midnight_King, 09 April 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#40 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:24 AM

In Diamond Quest: Debugged the Icy Grotto and events prior to it after Level 1, made it eaiser and smoothed it up.

Nothing else other than picking through Pokemonmaster's LQftH in ZQuest in bordeom. Considering on making a joke quest soon.

#41 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

IPB Image

Just added the rose and pollen!

Orin, thank you for smoothing the difficulty that will change the flow of the game so much!

Edited by Midnight_King, 09 April 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#42 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

Very, VERY good MK. But, I would remove the rose, it makes the screen a little crowded and takes the focus off of the fairy.

Sounds great Orin! can't wait for the quest, it's so hard, and fun!
I only got to the forest in the demo icon_razz.gif

#43 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

@MK: I really like the Rose, adds a beautiful atmosphere to perfectly accompany the fairy.

Debugged more of Diamond Quest: Debugged Level 2 through to Axel's Tomb. Level 2 needed a lot of polishing up, espicaly the boss. Also weakened the Blue Whispies so their deathflames don't do 4 hearts damage anymore. Double-damage deathflames are now only a feature of the Whispies with four frontal flames (L3 and L4 versions) rather than two (L1 and L2 versions).

#44 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

I opened ZQuest for the first time in a while, bugfixed a few random things, got some broken scripts working, planned out a custom boss, and started working on it. Yay progress!

#45 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

Gentlemen...behold, I have....done absolutely nothing with ZC in months!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users