What is the Hylian Phoenix?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

I've heard a few things about a quest called the Hylian Phoenix.

i'm pretty sure it's a quest project, and hasn't been finished yet, but i can't find it on the Quest Project page anywhere.

I haven't been able to find it anywhere, and the screenshot Migokalle provided for SotM was apparently The Hylian Phoenix.

Does anyone know anything about this quest??

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

The Hylian Phoenix was a quest from years ago by Migokalle. Seeing as Migokalle cancelled the project, hasn't touched ZQuest in years, and there's no way a sane person would go anywhere near ZScript to make the features shown in the screenshot a reality, it seems likely the SotM shot is merely a work of fiction and falsehood. A mock-up.

Here's a link to a playthrough of one of the only playable demos from days of old. I doubt it would run in modern ZC.

https://www.youtube....1895583C732D3AE

Edit: I should apologize, this post seemed to imply that the script stuff in the mockup was impossible, what I meant was that it would take a madman and the madmen I am aware of seemed to be accounted for.

Edited by Moosh, 21 March 2017 - 01:22 PM.

• Zagut likes this

#3 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

All I'll say is that I don't believe horse riding is such an impossible feat, and in fact I believe it can be done because we already did more or less have it in place for THP back when we were working on the quest with the Dance of Rememberence tileset. That said, Moosh is not wrong, the SotW was a mockup - at least in terms of the horse riding (edit:  and the subcreen, I somehow completely forgot about that when reading this topic. This is on me, it is absolutely a mockup as well, though if it could be done I would love to see it!). The screen itself is part of the overworld that would have been THP.

That's not saying that we're working on THP these days though. I'd love to, but I've failed at making this game so many times at this point that I'm not going to make any promises. Read that how you will. :P

Edit: the old demo Moosh mentioned is a little hard to find in playable form, though LTM was kind enough to dig it out from his own archive the other day, so I might as well add the link if you want to give it a go. Mind you, you need to use ZC build 984 to play it. Otherwise you will run into bugs.

https://www.dropbox....xDemo2.qst?dl=0

Though keep in mind, this is all old stuff. Even if we were to one day finish THP, what you see in that demo will not be in that final game. Maybe you'll recognize parts of it, but my ideas of what THP should be have changed a lot since then, so consider this demo more of a standalone mini quest with a stupid cliffhanger ending. :P

Edited by Migokalle, 21 March 2017 - 02:50 PM.

• ShadowTiger, Matthew, Naru and 1 other like this

#4 jimbrads

jimbrads

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, She / Her, They / Them, Ask Me

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

is this the DoR tileset?

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

is this the DoR tileset?

The demo I linked to above was made in DoR yes. The later screens from the game were made in Firebird however. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users