Can I use Joystick?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RocketGrunt

RocketGrunt

Rocket Grunt

• Members

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

I'm wondering if I can use joystick for ZC quest.

#2 DrDiabetus

DrDiabetus

• Members

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

You can use Gamepads to play ZC. I don't know if Joysticks work

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

If you mean a joystick on a gamepad, then yes. Just know it can be a bit awkward in quests that only use 4-way movement.

Dunno if this applies to everyone, but I have also seen subscreen/ item selection bugs when using my Xbox 360 controller in ZC. For example, when I was playing a one of the DotM entries, with my Xbox controller, it would let me switch items, but it would always go back to some other item. This went away when I switched back to the keyboard.

To get to the options for it, open the ZC player, hit escape, or click on the screen, and got to "Settings-> Controls-> Joystick/ Gamepad" and set up your controls. Make sure your controller/ joystick is plugged in before launching ZC, or it might not detect it.

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

Dunno if this applies to everyone, but I have also seen subscreen/ item selection bugs when using my Xbox 360 controller in ZC. For example, when I was playing a one of the DotM entries, with my Xbox controller, it would let me switch items, but it would always go back to some other item. This went away when I switched back to the keyboard.

You probably had the L/R (Ex1/Ex2 if the quest supported it) buttons assigned to some other button, like the start button.

• Anthus likes this

#5 jimbrads

jimbrads

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, She / Her, They / Them, Ask Me

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

my original xbox controller works great, but my new xbox one controller just wont work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users