4950 replies to this topic

#4021 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:37 AM

c2LALVQ.png

A little teaser of what is to come

Edited by Orithan, 26 April 2017 - 09:37 AM.

• Eddy, Jared, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#4022 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

c2LALVQ.png

A little teaser of what is to come

Very nice, very nice.

#4023 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

I got Goron City done, now just Level 2, and I'll be ready to go for the second demo (Well, almost. Still have a script to fix, but otherwise, yeah).

QEPmecx.png

• Matthew likes this

#4024 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

Spriting some Breath of the Wild sprites in EZGBZ. You can find a dungeon set inspired by BotW Shrines here. Will post more content there when I get it done. :)

• Eddy and Jared like this

#4025 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

sidebysidemysterydesertstatues.png

Remaking some LTTP art assets now to fit the perspective and art style of BS:Zelda. Left is my reimagining of right.

• ShadowTiger, Shane, Eddy and 6 others like this

#4026 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

Reskinned Level 1, never liked the idea of some temple-y looking dungeon sitting inside a tree, anyways (Thanks to FireSeraphim for submitting the tiles to the DB)

Old:
iSt16lz.png

New:
U4AzmWh.png

Oh sonofa-! It's okay, I caught the tiling errors, fixed now.

Edited by Binx, 26 April 2017 - 10:29 PM.

• Eddy, strike, KingPridenia and 2 others like this

#4027 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

sidebysidemysterydesertstatues.png

Remaking some LTTP art assets now to fit the perspective and art style of BS:Zelda. Left is my reimagining of right.

Very well done.

• Lüt likes this

#4028 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

Reskinned Level 1, never liked the idea of some temple-y looking dungeon sitting inside a tree, anyways (Thanks to FireSeraphim for submitting the tiles to the DB)

New:

Oh hey, those tiles look really good in brown. Never would have thought to color them like that.

Interestingly enough, I just finished making my own edits to those exact same tiles to create some vine overhangs for normal "temple-y" walls. Behold my mess of an editing process:

zq-fsdungeonvine-edits.png

Middle-left is the finals, with a sample pasted on the wall above.

Started at the bottom-left with the originals, worked right, then up, then left, and scattered a few stray tiles along the way :P

Do not question my logic.

Very well done.

I said it on discord, but I'll say it again here - excellent job of translating a well-known object to a new style while still keeping it immediately recognizable.

• ShadowTiger, Shane, Eddy and 2 others like this

#4029 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

Oh hey, those tiles look really good in brown. Never would have thought to color them like that.

Interestingly enough, I just finished making my own edits to those exact same tiles to create some vine overhangs for normal "temple-y" walls. Behold my mess of an editing process:

Middle-left is the finals, with a sample pasted on the wall above.

Started at the bottom-left with the originals, worked right, then up, then left, and scattered a few stray tiles along the way :P

Do not question my logic.

Yeah, to be honest, it was the closest thing to a "wood" texture I could find that was still relatively compliant with the NES style. But I do think it turned out rather well. Your edits look really good, too.

Edited by Binx, 27 April 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#4030 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Edited Lost Woods to the point where it only needs floor and water detailing. Also have to finish up setting up a couple more entrances/exits to Skull Woods and a assure that my screen state carry overs are doing what they are supposed to do. And have to add enemies, and music which is seeming to be an impossibility. Also have to make a custom Deku Scrub enemy type for the area.

It's quite a few things, but it's mostly things that can be done rather quickly.
  • Shane and Lüt like this

#4031 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:57 AM

Yeah, to be honest, it was the closest thing to a "wood" texture I could find that was still relatively compliant with the NES style. But I do think it turned out rather well. Your edits look really good, too.

Thanks.

And I agree. Having scoured the loose tiles database, as well as other tilesets, for anything that would fit with standard classic, you've picked possibly the best option.

In fact, at this point, they look more like roots than wood, and for a cavern under a tree, I think that's the most appropriate option.

That said, I also don't necessarily think a temple-styled area under a tree is completely inappropriate. It's entirely possible somebody could have hidden some small chambers like that under a large tree, perhaps to hide and protect something important. In which case, you could do like I did and make some root overlays to cover portions of the brick walls in order to show the thing's been there a while and is starting to get overgrown. If I were doing a thing like that, I'd probably make it so you could see the outer walls of the chamber from other rooms surrounding it, to give a hint that it's there, even if you can't access it for a while.

#4032 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

After playing Matthew Bluefox's Randomiser Maxi quest, I've been inspired to continue working on a different quest project that isn't AR3. Today I finished off Level 5 in the quest after leaving it for months and got all of Level 6 done. I should be done with this one quite soon (hopefully).

#4033 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

zelda070.png

More Desert of Mystery progress. The map color now is the Desert palette I'm using. It's a lot redder than the standard overworld palette. Note that the entrance to the Desert Palace will be blocked off, and you'll need to find another way to get inside, should you want to. When its time to do it, the Desert Palace will be little more than a couple of rooms, with roof collapses blocking most of the palace off to you. Would it even be possible to get deeper inside?

Edited by Alestance, 29 April 2017 - 04:11 PM.

• Sheik likes this

#4034 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Project Revival isn't dead. Rather, it's full speed ahead in development now. Thanks to Moosh, I have a brand spanking new weapon implemented that will be available fairly late and be quite the powerful yet slow weapon. Thanks to Lut directing me towards a dungeon carving compliant tile sheet, I can swiftly put together freeform dungeons and kiss the days of the tired NES Dungeon DMap goodbye (not fully though). Thanks to joining the PureZC Discord, I have gotten back on track and feel ready to conquer the world. In short:

-Set up a brand new weapon that will add a bit of uniqueness to Project Revival

-Started level 2 and have most of it planned out already

-Completed difficulty 1 out of 4 of the Monster Gauntlet Challenge (just need to add music)

-Added some more overworld screens and decided to opt for an overworld you can explore a lot of from the start of the quest rather than limiting what you can do until you start knocking out dungeons

• Lüt likes this

#4035 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

I FINISHED THE NEW DEMO!!!!!!! Oh, my freaking GOURD that took forever. Now just waiting for it to pass the approval process. EDIT: Which it has

Edited by Binx, 30 April 2017 - 09:42 AM.

• Naru likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users