Big Changes for the Expo!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:16 PM

A lot of members have been asking questions about the Expo. Why aren't tilesets allowed? Why no completed quests? Why such a quick deadline?

Well, we've been listening. In order to make the Expo more fun and useful for everyone, we've decided to make some big changes.

-Quests completed on or after the first of this year are eligible.

-Tilesets from the same time period are also eligible.

-The new submission deadline is November 3rd by 11:59 PM Pacific.

-The Expo will open Sunday, November 8th.

People who meant to submit their entry within the next five days are welcome to use the extra time! And if you've already submitted, don't worry; you're free to use this time to make some changes and resubmit if you like. You can find full instructions for how to submit here.

The Expo is intended to be a showcase for the hard work done by all our members. Hopefully this will let quest makers and artists get some more attention both for stuff in production and completed. And for players, maybe you'll find that perfect quest that you've overlooked!

Sorry for any confusion these changes and the delay may cause. We hope you'll all look forward to the new and improved Expo! :)

• Shane, Eddy, Demonlink and 3 others like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

Actually this might be a good thing for me. Hopefully I'll find the time to submit something.

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:32 PM

So, I have a problem. I released my tileset already, thinking it wouldn't be allowed in the expo. I was wondering if that thread could possibly be taken down or ignored, and I could submit it into the expo?

#4 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

This is a blessing because I really feel like I've been rushing my expo. I wanted to make a few more changes and stuff. And who knows? Maybe I'll catch a few bugs that escaped my detection.

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

Nice to here about the time extension, though I'm kinda all set so I don't think I need to make any other changes lol

I'm looking forward to seeing what can come out of the tileset department though :P

#6 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:16 AM

Great on the time extension! I was worried that my demo wouldn't be ready in time, and I'd have to fix up an older demo. I'd be disappointed if the only content I released was stuff that was already shown off before, even if it was fixed up to work and look much better. Back to work on the newer version!

#7 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:33 AM

That's sad. Wanted to see the expo out as soon as possible :(

Oh well, that means the expo will be out when I have school.

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:44 AM

Thank you! :D The one change that's putting me off though, is that you can submit completed quests now. So this would be for those people who coincidently might have a completed quest in store by the end of this month? I wonder if quests can be submitted that have already been uploaded to the database.

• TheLegend_njf likes this

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for moving up the deadline, I was feeling rather pressed. The new deadline will give me time to provide trailer videos as well. This is great news. 

#10 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

Thank you! :D The one change that's putting me off though, is that you can submit completed quests now. So this would be for those people who coincidently might have a completed quest in store by the end of this month? I wonder if quests can be submitted that have already been uploaded to the database.

Quests in the database are fine to submit. I tried to cover that in a little more detail here.

• Avaro likes this

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

Random question, since I know I cannot make any edits to my submission after I submit it, could I still ask staff to make any last minute changes if I need them?

#12 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

Random question, since I know I cannot make any edits to my submission after I submit it, could I still ask staff to make any last minute changes if I need them?

And if you've already submitted, don't worry; you're free to use this time to make some changes and resubmit if you like. You can find full instructions for how to submit here.

Edited by Jared, 16 October 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#13 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

Yes. If it's something simple we can change it for you. But you can also resubmit the whole thing with a note to delete the old one if you want. Ideally we could get big changes like that as far as possible in advance, though.

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

Okay, sounds good. 

#15 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:49 AM

I need to make a minor adjustment to my submission, due to some conflicts between 2.5.2 and 2.5.1. I don't really want to resubmit the whole thing since all I need to do is add a note that it should be played in 2.5.2. I would like to request that Staff either make this note for me, or send me a copy of my submission topic so I can make it myself. Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users