Photo

Heart Containers, Heart Pieces, and Magic Containers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrSnowBro

MrSnowBro

• Members

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

So I was wondering how to make Heart Containers, Heart Pieces, and Magic Containers fully restore Link's hearts / magic meter respectively but I'm unsure how, would I need a script or can I just edit it in the Item Editor?

#2 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

I don't know about fully restoring them, but if you go into the item editor and click on the one that you want, you can then go to the PickUp tab.

On Counter Reference, choose life. Then set your increase amount.

Note. That each heart is equal to 16.

I have my HCPs set up to increase the life counter by 48, so it restores Link's hearts by 3.

If you wanted to make it fully restore, I recommend setting it some really high number. For instance, 320 should always restore all of Link's hearts if your max is 20 hearts.

Edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami, 24 May 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#3 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:11 AM

In the Item Editor, set "Increase Amount" under the pickup tab to the maximum amount of health (Heart Container, HCP) or Magic (Magic Container) Link can get. This restores Link's health or Magic. However, simply setting it to "16" or "8" won't work to recover Hearts or Magic based on containers; as Link's actual HP and MP is higher than the amount of containers he has.

Instead, it goes like this:

Each Heart Container equals to 16 HP. If you want to heal Link by a set number of Hearts, multiply the number by 16 to get your result

Each Magic Container equals to 32 MP. If you want Link to recover a set amount of Magic Containers, multiply the number by 32 to get your result.

• KingPridenia and Lüt like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users