9 replies to this topic

#1 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

Hey! Another Land's been submitted!

Here's the thread to discuss it!

Stuck on a dungeon (somehow)? Can't find an item? Can't find a Heart Piece, but don't want to look at the guide for fear of spoiling other Pieces? Here's the place for all that!

If you want to do a Let's Play of my quest or something (for whatever reason), you don't have to ask for permission. Just PM me the first episode when it's uploaded, and I'll try to follow along from there.

Enjoy Another Land!

Edited by Bombos, 15 February 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

Hi!

I'm enjoy playing your quest. But there is a screen in The Thickruins that when you enter it, it says nice and there is a heart piece on the tree. You can't get the heart piece. I tried burning the tree as well as other items I have. Is there a way to get it I haven't figured out?

Thanks!

#3 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

Ohh, that one. I forgot to test that screen out, so I didn't know that it was like that. I'll have to fix that at some point. Thanks for telling me, though!

#4 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

Played  the quest for 20 or so minutes. In the grave cave theres a black tile under one of the push blocks for the heart piece. Got to the chasm level and got permastuck when dropping from one screen to another. F6 spawned me in the wall on the top right corner of the screen so I gave up and stopped playing. 

#5 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Hi!

On the quest page you said to send you PM if anything was wrong with the quest so I sent you some bugs and errors.

#6 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

I've updated the file, and now I've hopefully fixed everything that went wrong. Thanks again for the PM, Artistic, it really helped out.

Got to the chasm level and got permastuck when dropping from one screen to another. F6 spawned me in the wall on the top right corner of the screen so I gave up and stopped playing. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this. During testing, all dropping parts of the Chasm Depths seemed to work fine for me. I widened the path it drops you onto, so hopefully that fixes that issue.

Edited by Bombos, 15 February 2017 - 03:41 PM.

• Artistic likes this

#7 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:14 PM

Hi

I am also stuck in top left corner in Chasm Depths ,hopefully the updated file fixes it.

stuck.png

i downloaded the updated file but still stuck

Edited by judasrising, 15 February 2017 - 05:14 PM.

#8 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

well... I was about to cross the chasm with the hookshot but due to some bugs reported....I'll wait a bit :worried: :worried:

#9 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

I've updated the submission again. I tested it out, and it seems to work fine, so hopefully people can continue the Great Chasm as normal. Keep telling me when things go wrong with my quest, your feedback really helps me.

I feel like I should say that the White Sword is located somewhere in The Thickwood. I realise it's easily missable, but it's near the entrance to The Thickruins, on a maze screen.

Also, I realise that if there's only a Heart Container at the end of dungeons, there's no point in beating them. I tried to make this quest have more of a focus on items and overworld exploration, rather than on dungeons (since, as you can tell, I'm not the best at dungeon creation). I also wanted to make it a short, six-dungeon quest, since I think I'd be fresh out of ideas by Dungeon 5 if I tried to make eight sprawling dungeons with complex puzzles.

#10 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

I've updated the submission again. I tested it out, and it seems to work fine, so hopefully people can continue the Great Chasm as normal. Keep telling me when things go wrong with my quest, your feedback really helps me.

I feel like I should say that the White Sword is located somewhere in The Thickwood. I realise it's easily missable, but it's near the entrance to The Thickruins, on a maze screen.

Also, I realise that if there's only a Heart Container at the end of dungeons, there's no point in beating them. I tried to make this quest have more of a focus on items and overworld exploration, rather than on dungeons (since, as you can tell, I'm not the best at dungeon creation). I also wanted to make it a short, six-dungeon quest, since I think I'd be fresh out of ideas by Dungeon 5 if I tried to make eight sprawling dungeons with complex puzzles.

Thank you :bounce:

The new updated file solved my stuck issue so now i can contiune my play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users