Photo

What are some of the hardest ZQuests?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 gladiator60

gladiator60

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:12 AM

I'm not really a fan of the easier ZQuest, so can anybody post some of the hardest ZQuests

- Finished -
Dark Link's Temple Tour
The Summoning War
HiddenDualityDC

- Dropped -
SwanSong
CasHaunt
A Link To Power

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

Pretty much anything by Nightmare will be hard. 

• Magi_Hero likes this

#3 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

Fun In The Sun 2 is one of the more notoriously difficult quests, and in more ways than just combat. It's also quite well made, so it's more than just a difficulty gimmick.

A Big Hunk Of Hyrule pushes traditional classic difficulty to an edge without going overboard. It's not exactly that you get flooded with enemy waves at every turn, but... let's just say you don't even get a sword until Level 3. Gotta get creative with a boomerang for a while.

Umbral Cloud has a Swindle Mode difficulty that's well-known to live up to its name (though I have yet to try it myself).

Legend Of Lana DX also has a hard mode, though again I have yet to try it myself (I'm still finishing with normal mode, but I can say it's a good game regardless).

Oddly enough, mine gets mixed reviews in that regard. See, I intended it to start easy and ramp up to deathmatch by the end. But some people have told me that my near-impossible final segment gets barely-passable once they gather the bonus items, while others have said the game actually got easier as it progressed. I honestly have no idea what to make of that, or which side you may fall on. Heads up though, difficulty's a gradual ramp and you won't get anything beyond average until halfway through (the start of the fire/ice area seems to be where most people peg it as stepping up, and Underworld as going off the deep end).

#4 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

Eddy's Troll Day is a quest made by me... and it's unfair. Very unfair. But, since not many people are able to beat it, it's technically still considered as a "hard" quest. I don't recommend you play it though, only if you want to rage... a lot.

• Item likes this

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

Liberation of Hyrule is the hardest quest in the database, but it involves heavy knowledge of ZC to beat, along with a military way of thinking.
Armageddon quest is the next hardest quest, and doesn't require extensive ZC knowledge.
Isle of Rebirth is very challenging,  especially on Hero Mode. I recommend this one.
Umbral Cloud, by the maker of Isle of Rebirth, is also quite hard.

• Matthew likes this

#6 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

I think that if you are looking for a quest that is very challenging, but also well designed, it would not hurt to play Isle of Rebirth on Hero Mode.

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

I second Nightmare, and I add Dungeon Impossible and of course, Armageddon.  Those may be the three most brutal quests for ZC.

Even and Moosh quests occasionally have a Swindle mode, too.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 15 December 2016 - 12:02 AM.

#8 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

I usually only play "hard" quests as well. However, I split "hard" quests into 3 categories:

1) Technical: Liberation of Hyrule or Armageddon quest. These are often considered the hardest ZC quests but are not everyone's cup of tea because of the tedium of precision required (Basically these will force a high death count on the player the first time through regardless of skill and requires lots of patience).

2) Challenge: Quests made by people like you and me that hate how easy the average Zelda game is and are much more adept at creating gameplay rather than graphics so most of these quests use some kind of NES-ish tileset. There's a wide range of quests here you can look for; my favorite in this group is probably still James Quest 1 (Which I just happen to hold the current speed-run world record in :P ).

3) Other: Large ZC quests which the author was kind enough to put in a "hard" option in, or a DX version, etc.; these are usually very good as well, but were probably never either designed to be hard from the start, or have strange things like sword slash enabled...

There's also "The Hero Without a Name" which hasn't been mentioned, which has a few quirks but is otherwise very good. Fit's into category 2 above.

#9 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

Eddy's Troll Day is a quest made by me... and it's unfair. Very unfair. But, since not many people are able to beat it, it's technically still considered as a "hard" quest. I don't recommend you play it though, only if you want to rage... a lot.

What's this? Unfair? Hard? You will regret like a 10 year old on Minecraft? I'm gonna play it right now.
  • Joelmacool likes this

#10 bigboylink

bigboylink

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

+1 to Isle of Rebirth hero mode.  My understanding is that the author deliberately designed the non-hero mode to be reasonably difficult as well (and fwiw, for my first playthrough I thought it was tough) - so even if you find hero mode to be too hard, you'll likely still enjoy the main difficulty level.

#11 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

What's this? Unfair? Hard? You will regret like a 10 year old on Minecraft? I'm gonna play it right now.

Good luck then! Lol

#12 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Armageddon Quest Forever is the hardest quest that I've ever still found "fun" enough to want to play to the end and defeat.  It's a somewhat-toned down version of AQ that still offers a ton of challenge.  Nightmare's quests are good too.  New Quest 2 has a Kaizo mode that will really challenge.  I got to Level 10 before I had to throw in the towel.  I'll also throw in a vote for Hero Without a Name.

#13 zcfan27330

zcfan27330

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

I've beat both James 1 and James 2. Both of these were hard, a saving factor for James 2 was you could continue with full life unlike James 1

#14 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

New Legend of Zelda 3 is quite hard as well as Lust Isle.

#15 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

Liberation Of Hyrule and the Armageddon Quests. Hands down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users