Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#646 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

I was needing the ladder to walk inside the new locations,,, but is no that ease"" the ladder is inside the predator  but you can't go in there just like that...!! first you need to go get the second hand glove to move some black rocks in order to make to where that squirrel sleeping.. thus enter the devouring fields.. that where the predator is at, but heed my words. is a very irritant  place because of those red burbles fooling around, they take away your sword and ...... GRRRGG&^^$%^!!  yeah that :eyeitus: :eyeitus: :eyeitus: :eyeitus:

• ShadowTiger likes this

#647 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

ShadowTiger, you've done an amazing work on this old treasure.  Tried to give it a go using your latest update, and what an amazing experience it's been.  It's definitely more playable without losing the challenges that attracted me to this quest. A couple of issues so far: - 1) there's a key in a cave in Blester that is unobtainable. the ladder won't work over the hole making it impossible to push the block.  2) I am missing a key before the boss in Enigma.  Found a key in a shop.  Since I have the 2500 r wallet, I'll just try to grind out rupees til I can afford it.  Hope I can afford it.

Also, went to the Volcano and completed it. "Accidentally" fell into the red mail chest. I don't think that's how it's suppose to work.

Still plugging along.  Thanks for the wonderful fixes on this quest.

#648 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

ShadowTiger, you've done an amazing work on this old treasure.

Too kind. Painstakingly delightful work, it is. :-P

Tried to give it a go using your latest update, and what an amazing experience it's been.  It's definitely more playable without losing the challenges that attracted me to this quest.

A few things have been made harder, and so very, very more have been made easier. (Or more possible.)

A couple of issues so far: - 1) there's a key in a cave in Blester that is unobtainable. the ladder won't work over the hole making it impossible to push the block.

I assume you're talking about the exterior of Blester, and not Storm Tower? The player is actually not expected to have the ladder by then. All of the keys are indeed obtainable without it. It takes many visits to all of the caves in spring or winter. If it doesn't look passable at all in current weather conditions, then it definitely isn't possible to go there at all. Take solace in that, I suppose.

2) I am missing a key before the boss in Enigma.

There are three keys on F-3 of Enigma, I believe. The key is probably in the northeast corner of F-3. After that, you unlock a door to get to the southeast corner, and there's a room with flashing floors. The rooms to the left and right of that room each have a key. In the room to the left, use the hammer on the block blocking the key. You can use the hammer in the same way on some of the blocks in the room to the right.

Also, went to the Volcano and completed it.

Congrats! It's quite the maze. Even I have heaps of trouble finding my way around.

"Accidentally" fell into the red mail chest. I don't think that's how it's suppose to work.

Oddly enough, you can definitely find it early on. In fact, I highly encourage everyone to seek it out the moment they have access to the Clockwork Volcano.

Still plugging along.  Thanks for the wonderful fixes on this quest.

*salutes* Godspeed. Did you get the L3 Sword yet? It's obtainable the moment you get the L1 Lamp, assuming you can get to Crystalia.

#649 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

I'm doing  devoures  forest,, but keep fallowing down at those holes .... so an idea.. :ahha:  :ahha:  ... back to the excavation to get the lens of true..that will do  it !!

#650 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

Honestly, I'm not even sure how much the Lens of Truth would help in there. There aren't that many secrets. Maybe a bombable wall or two, though those really don't lead to anything interesting. (I moved the Relic Stone outside into the Devouring Forest Caves.)

If there's trouble in Predator attacking enemies on crumbling floors, try alternating between the hookshot and hammer to stun the enemies and keep them in one place. Remember, you're invulnerable when the hookshot is extended. :) Definitely feel free to spam it.

#651 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

how you kill those green little genies  on the excavation basement..? nothing work on them.. the super bomb stunt  them  for a moment but that's all need to kill'em to pass a door, but don't know what work for those.....? :confused: :confused:

#652 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Those are Mirror-Robes. You have to reflect their magic with the mirror shield. Soon, I'll release a version that has the restored functionality of the hidden L3 Boomerang, a Half-Chakram, that can reflect just about any projectile if you hit it. It's no mirror shield, but it's a good way to fast-track your progress with all the best stuff in the game. Just a little bit, really, but it counts. You can get it in Link's Nightmare, just before Marathon. This way you have a way to get the L4 Armor, the L4 Boomerang, and the L4 Sword before Marathon rather than after it.

#653 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

thanks shadow...   It would be of much sense to wait for the version you're gonna release, meanwhile would like to snoop a bit around.. I forgot the way to marathon, remember some about an older men telling things and more..all I remember... lets  see......!!

#654 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

Here's a link. :) Try it out.

#655 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Those are Mirror-Robes. You have to reflect their magic with the mirror shield. Soon, I'll release a version that has the restored functionality of the hidden L3 Boomerang, a Half-Chakram, that can reflect just about any projectile if you hit it. It's no mirror shield, but it's a good way to fast-track your progress with all the best stuff in the game. Just a little bit, really, but it counts. You can get it in Link's Nightmare, just before Marathon. This way you have a way to get the L4 Armor, the L4 Boomerang, and the L4 Sword before Marathon rather than after it.

Hi, ShadowTiger.  Would be looking out for your next update.  Incidentally, I quit playing your latest update as I got stuck in one of the doors in the Deku Tree (room north of where the red bubbles are). Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable adventure that I look forward of playing again. Thanks.

Some key issues that I noted:

- the key in my post #647, I went back to that cave in Blester, ladder still won't work.  True, I didn't need that key to finish Storm.

- there's also a key in the Crypt (B1 with 2 red bubbles) that I couldn't get.  It's on an elevated platform with a stair, indicating that one could either fall on it or climb up to it.  I never found a way to get it. I also didn't need it to finish the Crypt.  Eliminate these two keys or replace with other items, maybe?

- finally, I got to the boss in Marathon without having the boss key?!

• ShadowTiger likes this

#656 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

Hi!! I'm at enigma castle going for the book(got wand already), I forgot how work the coloring blocks on the floor

after I pas that tricky room where I need to lit the torch and quickly switch to the hook to get the door, then coming the room with some block n the floor all colors, if I walk wrong over the colors when I enter the door I end up in a very small room with a transporter on the floor must enter and this send me back to the beguine and must start all over,, a little help..?? ------- also the place holding the enigma castle photos  no longer support this ------ you may have those by any chance..??? thanks Shadow__  much appreciated ur help :aggravated:  

#657 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

Yep yep, sure thing. Here is a zip file filled with images that I made for SCKnuckles to help him out a bit as well. The filenames of each file are the hint for what the image actually depicts.

I'm sure there's something in there that will help you. Also, in Enigma, a LOT of the puzzles are solved easily by the use of the Lens of Truth. If you don't have that yet, go back to the Excavation. In the zip file from above, check all five "DoY_Excavation" files to find out how to get the Lens.

#658 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:55 PM

Yep yep, sure thing. Here is a zip file filled with images that I made for SCKnuckles to help him out a bit as well. The filenames of each file are the hint for what the image actually depicts.

I'm sure there's something in there that will help you. Also, in Enigma, a LOT of the puzzles are solved easily by the use of the Lens of Truth. If you don't have that yet, go back to the Excavation. In the zip file from above, check all five "DoY_Excavation" files to find out how to get the Lens.

Hi shadow, my old friend.. you may be talking to a ghost from the past.'', saw your reply to someone including the link for lasted..  DOY file .. got this one more time, and will give a shake for nostalgic sake, so we may be talking again see ya

• ShadowTiger likes this

#659 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:17 PM

Oh boy. qPAQRKE.png Guess I'm going to have to get up off my butt and start fixing bugs, huh. :lol:

But yeah, great to see you too! :D I haven't forgotten at all.

I might upgrade DoY to a newer version of ZC just for the heck of it, but only after I know it's done. I've got so much on my plate I don't know how I'll tackle it all.

At a bare minimum, I'll probably add a shortcut from the outside of the Deku Tree directly to the top floor just in case.
  • vravelo likes this

#660 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

Oh boy. qPAQRKE.png Guess I'm going to have to get up off my butt and start fixing bugs, huh. :lol:

But yeah, great to see you too! :D I haven't forgotten at all.

I might upgrade DoY to a newer version of ZC just for the heck of it, but only after I know it's done. I've got so much on my plate I don't know how I'll tackle it all.

At a bare minimum, I'll probably add a shortcut from the outside of the Deku Tree directly to the top floor just in case.

hi shadow.. I was missing this chat.. our chat'' well, first bug,, first.! as I told you started playing,(no cheats,) you go up to deku tree and get the sword,, well that's it'' when I come back to  the house,after saving on that statue,,, that's it, can't go any farther, all exits are blocked and I got stocked on that area,'' this is that last update to this quest, downloaded four days ago from your place...l' be back in a few.  nice talking top ya. :puppyeyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users