#1 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:30 PM

Castle Haunt III Released

A Warriors job is never done.
What is this Daja Vu?

It seems every halloween, it's the same old thing, No rest for the weary.
Who cares that it's in a Haunted Castle, He's not afraid of spooks.

Zelda will just have to understand, A rescue is in order, He has to go.
Well... no matter, he has it to do, might as well get to it.

Built in the 2.11b10b, the quest, sound files, and a copy of the 2.11b10b for those who don't already have it are all HERE (EDIT: See final post as to why this link is temporarily removed.)

Beta tested by Elise

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#2 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:33 PM

Ooh, I want to play this! But I'd rather wait until I play Castle Haunts I and II (And it looks creepy anyways- I don't like creepy things. O_o ) before I play this. icon_biggrin.gif

Edit by Sharon Daniel: There's no need to quote Freedom's entire post.

#3 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:20 PM

icon_smile.gif Way to go Freedom!! I can't wait to give this a try.

I couldn't get it working in b10 but it works fine in b12. I've already found the quite a few things and even bought a shield.
Another great quest that everyone will be playing this weekend for sure.

ms_zelda_lady

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 17 November 2006 - 02:24 PM.

#4 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:33 PM

This quest sure looks good. I will play it later. Wil this quest work in Beta 12?

#5 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:38 PM

This quest sure looks good. I will play it later. Wil this quest work in Beta 12?

I don't know, it was built in the 2.11b10b, so if you use a later beta release you do so at your own risk, it may work, it may not.
You might get all the way to the end and have to start over.
I did open it in the b14 and noticed that FFC colors were all messed up.

I put a copy of 2.11b10b on my site, I would suggest using it, but that's up to you all. icon_wink.gif

#6 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:00 PM

I've seen how well you did with Castle Haunt 2, and from what I've seen, you've REALLY outdone yourself with this one! icon_thumbsup.gif I'm in Chamber 1, right now, and the game is really great with all the secrets in it! I really liked how you kept the Fairy w/ Boots and Hotel California music! This is probably one of the best, if not THE best series in Zelda Classic! icon_biggrin.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#7 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:23 PM

Hey Animus where's level 1? I've come across level 2 but not level 1.

ms_zelda_lady

#8 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:33 PM

From the front door, go as far right as you can, then go up one screen. There will be a fake door. Walk north through the left skull. You should be able to find Chamber 1 the rest of the way. icon_wink.gif

#9 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

Very nicely made I agree. Already in Chamber 2. Nice work Freedom.

#10 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

In Chamber 2, I used the hookshot repeatedly on one of the lanterns near the entrance and ended up reaching one of the doors on the side, from there. Is that supposed to happen? icon_shrug.gif

UPDATE: No, I don't think it was meant to happen. I decided to explore the dark room with the four unlit torches a bit further, and it turns out may need the Red Lantern to access the area on the right, which I ended up glitching to.

Edited by Animus01, 17 November 2006 - 04:00 PM.

#11 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

Thank you Aminus01 for the help. BTW Freedom I was trying to play it in b10 not b10b. thanks for putting the download with the quest. Its working fine now.

ms_zelda_lady

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 17 November 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

Truly great quest, same style as the previous two, just much better. It's hard, too, like the other two. A real maze.

So...
I explored the graveyard which is near Chamber1 and the one directly north from the entrance. I also got a lamp from west and got a magic upgrade from Chamber1. Am I done with Chamber1 now? There is a room with shooting lava and keeses, but I don't know what to do there.

I also bought a skulltula, some kind of arrow and something that looked like a big blue shield, but it isn't (Link won't wear it and it's among the inventory tool items). I also got a mushroom and gave to the sWitch.

What next? I located Chamber2 and... 8...

#13 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:49 PM

WHOA! Freedom! I did not know you had finished building Castle Haunt III!!! icon_biggrin.gif Those snapshots look so wicked and awesome!!! icon_biggrin.gif
But since I do not have beta 10, I will wait until ZC 2.5 is released before I download your quest. icon_wink.gif

#14 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Nov 17 2006, 05:49 PM) View Post
WHOA! Freedom! I did not know you had finished building Castle Haunt III!!! icon_biggrin.gif Those snapshots look so wicked and awesome!!! icon_biggrin.gif
But since I do not have beta 10, I will wait until ZC 2.5 is released before I download your quest. icon_wink.gif

I'm playing it in Beta 13 and it works fine. Try that one. It's still on AGN I believe.

#15 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Nov 17 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

Uh... rocksfan? The only reason I said that is because I have beta 14, which is the most unstable and buggy beta, and I am not using that crappy version to play Castle Haunt III because of the fatal item bugs. icon_sigh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users