The Official PZC "Lounge" Interaction Thread Engine #1

• Please log in to reply
2328 replies to this topic

#2281 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Random thought: Why is 480i still referred to as "standard definition" when HD tvs have been out for nearly a decade?

#2282 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

^No idea. I guess for consistency sake?

I had a bit of a question myself. Does anyone else besides me get triggered when you submit a post on a forum, Discord or whatever, and it ends up with exactly one word on a new line? Granted, I used to abuse that as a form of "page stretching" when it came to writing papers in college, mostly because some papers I had to write required at least TEN pages. I'd hate to go to grad school, mostly because my brother told me he's had to write papers with a page requirement as high as 30 pages, EXCLUDING the title page, works cited and any appendixes. But yeah, I was talking to a friend on Discord, had a post that was two lines long with the second line only having a single word, so I tried to edit it and make it shorter, but it's STILL two lines long, thanks to the "(edited)" at the end.

Funny how in college, I would try to end paragraphs where the last line was only 1-2 words, but now, it bugs the hell out of me.

• Lüt likes this

#2283 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

I was picking up some grocery's this morning, and there was this loud mouth women yelling and cursing out an elderly Walmart employee mopping the floor up. I felt bad for the guy. I swear the area I'm living at, the people is getting so aggressive.

Well being the person I am got over it. And picked my weeks worth of ramen (got creamy chicken mmm) and picked up my weekly beer supply... so much for being weekly I drunk about half of it today. Well at least I still have my Ramen Noodles.

#2284 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Me: *casually scrolls by* "Wait what's the story behind Ventus having a random KFC avatar?" *looks again* "Oh, that's an MGS thing, why did I—" *takes a closer look* "... both were right."

• Ventus likes this

#2285 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

I've been playing so much Metal gear solid lately, I figured it was time for a avatar change. kept you guys waiting huh. About time for a change.

#2286 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:49 PM

You played us like a damn fiddle.

#2287 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:55 PM

Yes I did. But...

vGqISRq.png

#2288 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:34 AM

I had a bit of a question myself. Does anyone else besides me get triggered when you submit a post on a forum, Discord or whatever, and it ends up with exactly one word on a new line?

Those are called widows, and everybody in graphic design hates them.

And if I didn't hate them on their own, I hate that people hate them so much that you as a designer have to spend so much time re-writing perfectly clear sentences in a way that's still equally clear but shorter or longer thanks to the available page space or lack thereof.

(Similarly, single starting lines of a new paragraph that get stuck at the bottom of a page before looping back up are called orphans. We hate those too.)

• Cukeman, KingPridenia and Naru like this

#2289 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

Man, anyone remember when a bulky 15" CRT monitor that sported an 800x600 was the norm? And here I am now, sitting in front of a 27" 1080p monitor that is light enough and compact enough to carry with one hand and it against my side. The shame of it is, I'm behind, since 1080p is kind of the baseline these days and 4k monitors are becoming more and more affordable and commonplace. Then again, my mediocre graphics card probably couldn't handle such a high resolution. That and I would probably need a magnifying glass to see anything. A friend told me supposedly 4k will make things like the taskbar and start menus larger so things aren't tiny...anyone with a 4k display able to confirm? I will be honest; 1920x1080 is more than enough screen estate for me.

• Anthus and Naru like this

#2290 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

Operating systems these days should have some awareness of pixel density, commonly called HiDPI support, meaning they should scale things up and use higher resolution images as needed. But it's still a fairly new thing, and there are a number of complications, so you can expect mixed results. You're likely to have some things that look great, some things that are tiny, and some things that are large but blurry. It's getting better, of course.
  • KingPridenia likes this

#2291 Deviance

Deviance

Le' Deviant

• Banned

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

It's 2017 and Windows still blue screens. What's up with that? :o

• Magi_Hero and Anthus like this

#2292 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

It's 2017 and Windows still blue screens. What's up with that? :o

Well, they were supposed to roll out the Red Screen with this latest Windows 10 update, but it got delayed because it is incomplete.

#2293 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

Well my weekend was awesome. I went to the gas station grabbed a 6 pack of beer. Came home and drunk it all out in the car. I just chugged it all. slept for like 2 hours in the car. Good way to end the weekend.

Comic Sans MS font edit 1: Life is great!

Small Tahoma Font Edit 2: I dunno why I edited this post...

Teeny Tiny Verdana Font edit 3: FFS why did I edit this a third time... Hmm well the fonts are fun to play with.

¿sᴉɥʇ ƃuᴉop I ɯɐ ʎɥM ˙ʇᴉpǝ uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩

Edited by Solid Snake, 29 October 2017 - 07:56 PM.

#2294 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:51 AM

I don't think I asked this before, but why does Windows 10 run so ridiculously slow after a restart? Like it doesn't matter if there was an update and I had to restart my computer or if the power randomly kicked out on me. The next time I boot the computer up, it takes like twice as long. Also, on the topic of restarting, why does shutting down not count? I had times where I would keep postponing a restart until I'd go to shut down, only to be asked to restart within minutes of reboot.

Lastly, I noticed if you try to bypass an official update doing a hard power down, it seems to "punish" you by making it take literally forever to update. I remember trying to get around a lengthy restart once by doing that, only to be punished by my computer "updating" for well over an hour.

#2295 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

I've been a member here for 7 years... whoa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users